- 10+2 class passed with Science (PCB/PCM) & English Core/English Elective with aggregate of 45% marks from recognized board under ISSCE/ CBSE/ ICSE/ SSCE/ HSCE or other equivalent Board.
Age Limit: – The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on 31st December of the year in which admission is sought. Maximum Age Limit is 35 Years. Candidate must be medically fit.
Duration: – 2 Years
Affiliation: – Affiliated to U.P. Sate Medical Faculty, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology is a Diploma level Operations Theatre Technology program. This program prepares aspirants to work in the operation theatre as a competent reliable technologist among the other team members of a healthcare department, under the supervision and guidance of senior doctors and Technical persons in their delivery of patient care. They learn the utilization of numerous diagnostic equipment for example Ventilators, monitors, Defibrillators, C-arm etc. and also patient assessment abilities. Training also concentrates on the knowledge and skills of monitoring infection control policy and procedures in the operation theatre.
OT Technicians works in Operation Theatre of hospitals, Emergency Departments and Intensive Care Units. Their main responsibility is to assist and help Doctors and Surgeons during surgery and emergency procedures. Under the setup of a doctor’s facility, Operation Theatre experts are generally part of a team that comprises of Doctors, attendants, nurses and other allied healthcare service professionals.
Affiliated Hospitals for Clinical Training :
- Prakash Hospital, D-12, 12A, Sec – 33, Noida (Parent Hospital).
- Shri Krishna Life Line Hospital, Greater Noida.
- District Govt. Hospital, Noida.
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Super Specialty Hospital, Noida.
- Navin Hospital, Greater Noida.
- Northern Railway Central Hospital, New Delhi.
Career Options and Job Prospects:
OT Technicians has huge scope in the medical industry. They can work in both private and government sectors and can pursue their career as a technologist or technician may find career opportunities in:
- Trauma and Emergency Centers,
- Private Laboratories,
- Nursing Homes,
- Blood Banks and Doctor’s Office and Clinics,
- Government Sectors Establishments, etc.