Diploma – General Nursing and Midwifery
Eligibility: – 10+2 class passed with Science (PCBE/PCM)/ Commerce/ Arts Stream & English Core/English Elective with aggregate of 40% marks from recognized board under ISSCE/ CBSE/ ICSE/ SSCE/ HSCE or other equivalent Board.
Age Limit: – The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on 31st December of the year in which admission is sought. Maximum Age limit is 35 years. For ANM/ LHV there is no age bar. Student shall be medically fit.
Duration: – 3 Years
Affiliation: – Affiliated to U.P. Sate Medical Faculty, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh & Recognized by Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi/ U.P. Nurses & Midwives Council, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
GNM is the three year diploma level course in Nursing has been designed to completely train and qualify the students to deal with various aspects with utmost professionalism and care. Here are some of the aims of GNM:
- Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery will train and produce nurses with the ability to critically think and be clear while also being caring, well-disciplined and assertive, responding to the dynamic needs of the industry, the healthcare delivery system as well as the society.
- The programme will train the students to take up decisions on their own in different nursing situations, all within the scope of the field. It will also train them to protect the rights of the patients and groups included.
- The program has been designed to enable eligible candidates to address the health needs of the country, community, and individuals. They can also pursue advanced study and specialization in nursing while contributing to the health-based industry with patience, responsibility, and dedication. Students can also choose other Nursing Courses further.
Prakash Institute of Physiotherapy, Rehabilitation & Allied Medical Sciences, Greater Noida has affiliations with major Government and Private Super Specialty Hospitals situated in Delhi-NCR Region. This clinical training ground gives each and every student invaluable experiential learning, a critical complement to classroom study. In addition, our clinical experiences allow students while they are learning, to actively contribute to the health of individuals and community. The students are exposed to the hospitals of rural areas and urban areas as prescribed by INC Syllabus and U.P. State Nursing Council.
- Prakash Hospital, D-12, 12A, Sec – 33, Noida (Parent Hospital)
- Shri Krishna Life Line Hospital, Greater Noida.
- District Govt. Hospital, Noida
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Super Specialty Hospital, Noida.
- VIMHANS Hospital, Nehru Nagar, New Delhi.
- IHBAS Hospital, Dilshad Garden, New Delhi.
- Navin Hospital, Greater Noida.
- Northern Railway Central Hospital, New Delhi.
- ESIC Hospital, Noida
- ALL CHC & PHC Hospitals in Gautam Buddh Nagar District.
Career Options and Job Prospects:
Nursing is full-time occupation and candidates who have acquired the required skills and education in the field of care-taking and nursing can take up jobs at hospitals, clinics, health departments or can work as a private health care-taker. GNM diploma holders can also take up community services and can work for NGOs that spread medical awareness or help the sick. Following are some of the job profiles that a GNM diploma holder can apply for:
- Staff Nurse
- Midwife Nurse
- Home Nurse
- Health Visitor
- Community Health Worker